Systems Design/Requirements Engineers are required to join the System Engineering team to assist in the development of the ATC signalling system and the safety-related and safety-critical products of which it is comprised, particularly in the front-end of the system engineering lifecycle.
Role Outline / Key Responsibilities:
The candidate should possess expertise in two or more of the following:
• Requirements capture, analysis and management;
• Systems design, analysis, modelling and simulation ( “black-box design” );
• Sub-system specification and interface control and management;
• Sub-system design and analysis (Hardware / Software allocation).
Note that the engineering techniques involved with the development are cutting-edge with extensive use of the UML and SysML, increasing use of Architectural Frameworks such as MoDAF/DoDAF/TRAK, with support from tool-sets such as DOORS® and Artisan Studio®.
The candidate will also be expected to maintain an appreciation of new technologies and their application to support ongoing deliveries.
• A formal qualification in a relevant engineering, scientific or numerate discipline.
• Experience of working to industry quality and safety standards, preferably in the safety-critical arena.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Motivated, dependable and self-reliant.
• Experience in the development of Signalling Systems, Automatic Train Protection products or Control System for Railways.
• Personable and fair
• Analytical and solutions based
• Good written and spoken communication skill
• A completer finisher with an eye for detail
Systems Engineer - Early Lifecycle (ATC Signalling / TRAK)
Total Posts: 15