The Residual World::Tag = 'Humour'
Entries that have been tagged with 'Humour'.-
by Maestoso on Tuesday 05 October, 2010 - 13:52 GMT
Posted in Fun
Made the mistake in mentioning in an email to Colin Wood that I was off to see Supertramp at the O2 in London tomorrow (which dates me I know and what’s worse is that I first saw them in London whilst a student but have no recollection of it, hence the second attempt). Colin quickly replied adding the following:
By the way don’t you look at my framework
It’s the only one I got.
Not much of a framework
I never seem to get a lot (of consistency)
realising that this was from
Breakfast in America I had to add my own contribution
Take a viewpoint ‘cross the business
Like to see the whole thing
See the Systems and dependencies
We’re hoping it’s going to come true
But there’s not a lot we can do
Now if anyone has better versions of these verses or has more verses to add (of an enterprise architectural nature) to this or any other Supertramp song (I’m thinking of
The Logical Song) please get in touch!
- TRAK is a Finalist in the 2011 IET Innovation Awards (20% )
- Integrated EA Conference 2011 - Call for Presentations (20% )
- 1 Week Extension to Deadline for Submissions for Integrated EA 2011 (20% )
- Integrated EA 2011 - Draft Programme Released (20% )
- TRAK Receives an INCOSE 2010 Working Group Award (20% )
Life isn’t all stereotypes and shape-shovelling. Oh no! We all need some light relief from time to time. For no good reason I can think of apart from devilment I thought it would be a break to think about a playlist that would be suitable for those engaged in the art and craft of architectural modelling.
Whilst working at the the Integration Authority Malvern Architecture Lab I had an idea that we could take Peter Seegar’s ‘Little Boxes’ and turn it into The Deployment Song. All I needed was some time to come up with some lyrics. A fellow partner in crime, Julian, thought it a good idea and he was going to have a go being the artistic and creative type. Of course we never got around to it. Too many ideas and too little time - seems to be a constant theme.
Right then, for starters in the style of that old BBC Radio 4 classic - ‘I’m Sorry I Haven’t a View’:
- Little Boxes - Pete Seegar
- Any Colour You Like (well before the UPDM kicks in) - Pink Floyd
- Back to Basics - The Shapeshifters
- Don’t You Want Me AV - The Human League
- Conversations With 2 Tools - Genesis
- Stand and Deliver - Adam and the Ants
- Wired for Sound (bound to be on a SV)- Cliff Richard
- Somewhere Along the Line - Mike and the Mechanics
Of course there may well be others.
- Brake Fast in Emergency by Sleepertrack (Humour) (33% )
- Putting the Architectural Modelling Community First - What You Can Expect to See (33% )