The Residual World::Tag = 'Rail'
Entries that have been tagged with 'Rail'.-
by Nic Plum on Thursday 13 May, 2010 - 14:40 GMT
Just a small entry. Last week I finally got the opportunity to travel to Copenhagen (I feel as though I ought to add ‘, Denmark’ in the US style where every location has to be immediately qualified by the country - is this an awareness problem or a remark on the quality of education nowadays?!). I say ‘finally’ because the dust cloud from the Icelandic volcano suppered the original trip.
The purpose of the trip was to provide an overview on TRAK and its application to Banedanmark and the consultancies involved with the Banedanmark Signalling Programme. The programme is a 3.2€ billion programme which will replace the signalling over most of the Danish network including metro and is scheduled to be completed by 2021. Banedanmark are responsible for the maintenance and operation of the service/network and are a state-owned company which are part of the Danish Ministry of Transport.
Anyway it seemed to be received well and there were some good questions.
I was impressed with Copenhagen and as ever the Danish with their excellent command of English put us Brits to shame. Although only a brief (flying!) visit Copenhagen seems to be an interesting place with lots of history and strong maritime ties. Even from the airplane the Øresund Bridge just to the north - the longest combined road and rail bridge in Europe - which connects Denmark with Sweden is an impressive feat of engineering. No doubt the upgrade of the Danish rail network will be another.
- Risk and Threats - The Common Ground Between Security and Safety? (20% )
- Definitions - What Exactly is a Risk? (20% )
- Just When You Thought It Was Safe - EntiTy Returns (20% )
- What Would a TRAK View Look Like in a Graph Database? Part 1 (20% )
- Solution Risk, Vulnerability, Threat and Mitigation - Does Risk Need to be Separate from Event? (20% )
by Nic Plum on Sunday 06 December, 2009 - 15:13 GMT
A demonstration or sample repository has been created (and is ongoing) with the following aims:-
- testing the framework out - is it capable of representing the types of thing and relationships/dependencies in the rail and other industries (TRAK is a generic framework)?
- testing the plugin for Sparx Systems’ Enterprise Architect - see also Sparx Systems
- developing the higher levels of a modelling repository - enterprise/capability, operational and the major projects and organisations
- providing a set of objects that can be re-used
- personal learning - interested to understand where everything fits
- example of modelling using the framework so that others can get a feel for types of views, contents and organisation of models for easy navigation/understanding [not easy!]
It contains a partial description of UK transport strategy together with elements of the technical research and regulation of the rail sector. It also contains views attempting to place the UK anti-/counter-terrorist (CONTEST) in context. It is a (slowly!) evolving thing.
The demo repository is at http://trak-community.org/TRAK_Demo_Repository/index.htm
- Definitions - What Exactly is a Risk? (13% )
- Just When You Thought It Was Safe - EntiTy Returns (13% )
- What Would a TRAK View Look Like in a Graph Database? Part 1 (13% )
- Solution Risk, Vulnerability, Threat and Mitigation - Does Risk Need to be Separate from Event? (13% )
- Risk and Threats - The Common Ground Between Security and Safety? (13% )