View MODAF:Strategic Viewpoint
Version & Date
+ = new at 1.2.004
The change history is derived from the definition of each MODAF view within the
The MODAF Strategic (StV) Viewpoint viewpoint document from www.mod.uk/modaf.
The Strategic Viewpoint is one of the 7 MODAF Viewpoints.
The MODAF Strategic (StV) Viewpoint:
The Strategic Viewpoint defines the desired business outcome and the capabilities that are required to achieve it; i.e. it provides a means to align an enterprise’s strategy with the capabilities required to deliver that strategy, identifying any capability gaps that may exist.
It provides a set of Strategic Views (StVs) which capture the enterprise vision, goals, policies and concepts related to the capability requirements. It enables decomposition of capabilities into a capability taxonomy which, supported by appropriate measures of effectiveness, can be used for capability audit and gap and overlap analysis.
The StVs further detail the dependencies between capabilities, thus enabling capability options to be built to support effective trade-off.
Subject to Crown Copyright
The MODAF Strategic Viewpoint has the following 6 views:
- StV-1 Enterprise Vision View
- StV-2 Capability Taxonomy View
- StV-3 Capability Phasing View
- StV-4 Capability Dependencies View
- StV-5 Capability to Organisation Deployment Mapping View
- StV-6 Operational Activity to Capability Mapping View
There are in 47 views* defined in the MOD Architecture Framework.
1.2.004 - viewpoint name change.
Original name -
Strategic Views Viewpoint
Name changed for consistency reasons so that the viewpoints are of the form
... Viewpoint - not
...View Viewpoint or
Views Viewpoint AND
...Viewpoint as was previously the case.
- DNDAF::Strategic View (StratV) and DNDAF::Capability View (CapV)
- DODAF::Capability Viewpoint
- NAF::NATO Capability View (NCV)
- TRAK::Enterprise Perspective
- The MODAF Strategic (StV) Viewpoint. 1.2.004. 26th April 2010. http://www.mod.uk/NR/rdonlyres/77723A85-98E0-4B5B-8F11-538B843CB84F/0/20100426MODAFStVViewpoint1_2_004U.pdf