View NAF:NATO Operational View
Version & Date
* = changed at 3.1
+ = new at 3.1
The change history is derived from the definition of each NATO Architecture view within section
5.2.4 NATO Operational View (NOV) in
AC/322(SC/1-WG/1)N(2009)0005-ADD2. NATO Architecture Framework Version 3.1 document from http://www.nhqc3s.nato.int/Browser.asp?Target=_docs/NAF_v3_1 .
See NAF Release History.
The NATO Operational View is one of the 7 NATO Architecture Framework Views.
NATO Architecture Framework v3, CHAPTER 1:
The NOV is a description of the tasks and activities, operational elements, and information exchanges required to accomplish NATO missions. NATO missions include both war-fighting missions and business processes. The NOV contains graphical and textual products that comprise an identification of the operational nodes and elements, assigned tasks and activities, and information flows required between nodes. It defines the types of information exchanged, the frequency of exchange, which tasks and activities are supported by the information exchanges, and the nature of information exchanges.
Covered by NATO release conditions.
- NOV-1 High-Level Operational Concept Description Subview
- NOV-2 Operational Node Connectivity Description Subview*
- NOV-3 Operational Information Requirements Subview
- NOV-4 Organisational Relationship Chart Subview*
- NOV-5 Operational Activity Model Subview*
- NOV-6a Operational Rule Model Subview
- NOV-6b Operational State Transition Description Subview
- NOV-6c Operational Event-Trace Description Subview
- NOV-7 Information Model Subview*
This set is similar to that in the MODAF Operational Viewpoint.
There are in 49 subviews* defined in the NATO Architecture Framework.
- 3.1 NOV-7 name changed from
Conceptual Information Model Subviewto
Information Model Subview
Note that the NATO AF 3.1 documentation isn’t yet in a consistent state - it appears to be in the process of changing
View but still has view meaning both an individual (view) specification and a collection of (view) specifications. It is also confused between a view as a specification and the product of that specification. See
NATO AF v3.1 - Is It Now Time to Merge MODAF and the NATO AF?
- Section 4.5 (page 201 of pdf) of APPENDIX 1 TO ANNEX 1 TO AC/322-D(2007)0048. NATO Architecture Framework Version 3. http://www.nhqc3s.nato.int/Browser.asp?Target=_docs/NAF_v3
- AC/322(SC/1-WG/1)N(2009)0005-ADD2. NATO Architecture Framework Version 3.1, Chapter 5
- The Residual World.
NATO AF v3.1 - Is It Now Time to Merge MODAF and the NATO AF?http://trak-community.org/index.php/residualWorld/comments/nato_af_v3.1_is_it_now_time_to_merge_modaf_and_the_nato_af
- DNDAF::Operational View (OV)
- DODAF::Operational Viewpoint
- MODAF::Operational Viewpoint
- TRAK::Concept Perspective