View NAF:NATO System View
Version & Date
* = changed at 3.1
+ = new at 3.1
The change history is derived from the definition of each NATO Architecture view within section
5.2.6 NATO System Views (NSV) in
AC/322(SC/1-WG/1)N(2009)0005-ADD2. NATO Architecture Framework Version 3.1 document from http://www.nhqc3s.nato.int/Browser.asp?Target=_docs/NAF_v3_1 .
See NAF Release History.
The NATO System View is one of the 7 NATO Architecture Framework Views.
NATO Architecture Framework v3, CHAPTER 1:
The NSV is a set of graphical and textual products that describes systems and system interconnections providing for, or supporting, NATO functions. NATO functions include both war-fighting and business functions. The NSV associates systems resources to the NOV. These systems resources support the operational activities and facilitate the exchange of information among operational nodes. Note that systems providing services can be pure technical systems as documented in the systems view only or a combination of technical and operational elements that is documented with a combination of an operational node and one or several associated system nodes. A logical system providing services is documented in the service-oriented view only.
Covered by NATO release conditions.
- NSV-1 System Interface Description Subview*
- NSV-2 Systems Communication Description Subview
- NSV-2a System Port Specification Subview
- NSV-2b System to System Port Connectivity Subview
- NSV-2c System Connectivity Clusters Subview*
- NSV-2d Systems Communication Quality Requirements Subview
- NSV-3 Systems to Systems Matrix Subview*
- NSV-4 System Functionality Description Subview
- NSV-5 Systems Function to Operational Activity Traceability Matrix Subview
- NSV-6 Systems Data Exchange Matrix Subview
- NSV-7 System Quality Requirements Description Subview
- NSV-8 Systems Evolution Description Subview
- NSV-9 Technology Forecast Subview
- NSV-10 Systems Rules, Sequence & Timing Description Subview
- NSV-10a Systems Rule Model Subview
- NSV-10b Systems State Transition Description Subview
- NSV-10c Systems Event-Trace Description Subview
- NSV-11 System Data Model Subview
- NSV-11a Logical Data Model Subview
- NSV-11b Physical Data Model Subview
- NSV-12 Service Provision Subview
This set is very similar to that in the MODAF System Viewpoint.
There are in 49 subviews* defined in the NATO Architecture Framework.
Note that the NATO AF 3.1 documentation isn’t yet in a consistent state - it appears to be in the process of changing
View but still has view meaning both an individual (view) specification and a collection of (view) specifications. It is also confused between a view as a specification and the product of that specification. See
NATO AF v3.1 - Is It Now Time to Merge MODAF and the NATO AF?
- Section 4.7 (page 233 of pdf) of APPENDIX 1 TO ANNEX 1 TO AC/322-D(2007)0048. NATO Architecture Framework Version 3. http://www.nhqc3s.nato.int/Browser.asp?Target=_docs/NAF_v3
- The Residual World.
NATO AF v3.1 - Is It Now Time to Merge MODAF and the NATO AF?http://trak-community.org/index.php/residualWorld/comments/nato_af_v3.1_is_it_now_time_to_merge_modaf_and_the_nato_af