View Tool Support
Architecture Modelling Tools
What features to look out for?
Enterprise Architecture Modelling vs Software Design
Tools for Specific Architecture Frameworks
How do or can the particular tools support the following frameworks?
Tool Support - CNDAF
Tool Support - DODAF
Tool Support - MODAF
Tool Support - NAF
Tool Support - TRAK
The tools known to support TRAK are:-
- Sparx Systems’ Enterprise Architect. The application of Sparx EA to TRAK is covered separately.
- Salamander MooD. There is a template for TRAK available on Sourceforge at http://sf.net/projects/trakmoodtemp/.
- OmniGroup OmniGraffle / OmniGraffle Pro - Mac / iPad. This is available on Sourceforge at at http://sf.net/projects/trakomnigraffle/. It can also be searched for and downloaded from within the OmniGraffle application itself.
- Microsoft Visio. A stencil is available from Sourceforge at http://sf.net/projects/trakforvisio
Extending the Tool
Using Your Backend (Database!)
Underneath most decent modelling tools is some sort of DBMS that supports SQL.
- What DBMS does it support?
- How can the DBMS be used to support architectural modelling and views?
- How well do tools play together?
- Can they import?
- Can they export?
- What suffers?