View DNDAF:Operational View
* = changed at 1.7
+ = new at 1.7
The DNDAF Operational View is one of the 8 DNDAF Views*.
DND/CF Architecture Framework (DNDAF) Version 1.7, Volume 2: DND/CF Views and Sub-Views, section 2.6:
The Operational View (OV) provides an operation level description of the tasks, activities, business processes, and information exchange requirements to accomplish DND/CF objectives. This is achieved through a collection of graphical and textual operation sub-view products.
The Operational View comprises seven main areas:
- Operational Concepts,
- Operational Nodes,
- Information Exchange Requirements (IER),
- Organizational Relationships,
- Operational Activity,
- Operational Rules and Dynamics,
- Logical Data Models of OV data requirements and rules.
- OV-1 High-Level Operational Concept Graphic Subview
- OV-2 Operational Node Connectivity Description Subview
- OV-3 Operational Information Exchange Matrix Subview
- OV-4a Organizational Relationships Chart Subview
- OV-4b Organization to Role/Skill Matrix Subview
- OV-5a Functional Model Subview
- OV-5b Operational Process Model Subview
- OV-6a Operational Rules Model Subview
- OV-6b Operational State Transition Description Subview
- OV-6c Operational Event-Trace Description Subview
- OV-7 Logical Data Model Subview
This set is similar to that in the DODAF Operational Viewpoint.
There are in 36 subviews* defined in the DNDAF.
1.7 see DNDAF Release History.
- DODAF::Operational Viewpoint
- MODAF::Operational Viewpoint
- NAF::NATO Operational View (NOV)
- TRAK::Concept Perspective
- p7 and Figure 2.2.1 of DND/CF Architecture Framework (DNDAF) Version 1.7, Volume 2: DND/CF Views and Sub-Views. http://www.img.forces.gc.ca/pub/af-ca/vol-02/index-eng.asp